My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I can't write an effing title to save my life

What's that old saying? If he doesn't call by Wednesday you should not accept a date for Saturday. Well, fuggit. I'm accepting. He called Tuesday (I was out). He called Wednesday (I was out). He called this afternoon and we chatted. He was cute and polite on the phone, yet excited in a non-pushy way. He suggested driving down late morningish on Saturday and taking me out for lunch. Lunch date on Saturday? I'm sure its been done before.

I didn't think TobyKeith would want to drive three hours for a non-overnight date, but I was wrong. For some silly reason, I didn't want to talk to him because I didn't want to tell him that I didn't want to go see him and he couldn't stay over here if he drove down. Either he's really smart or his mother is giving him advice, but he said the same thing BEFORE I HAD THE CHANCE.

So here's the prob. I've been thinking (well, obsessing really) about it. While we princesses never think we are high maintenance, I freely admit to be being more high maintenance than this. I don't want a long-distance boyfriend. (In my little world, an hour and a half away is long-distance.) Heck, I don't even know if I want a boyfriend at all. (The last one broke just after the warranty ran out, so I couldn't return him.) You know what that means? The best TobyKeith can hope for is the dreaded friendship closet. So, who is going to break the news to him?

Let's think this through. If I call him ahead of time I'm a presumptuous bitch, because maybe he just wanted to have a little light-hearted fun. If I don't call him, then I've made him waste a day and however much cash when I wasn't interested. Maybe I'll pretend to still be asleep when he gets here, then pretend to be slightly hungover and spend the day reliving the (totally made up) wild night before. But I don't drink much and I'm a crappy actress.

How do I think myself into these fucking corners? He knows he lives a long ways away. He knows I'm NOT looking for anything serious. Could it be that a hot K'boi will really drive that far for an inoccent date? I think I'll bake him a pie to take home.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy on Youtube is Lazydork.

I don't know if you remember commenting on my blog.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Julene said...

After looking back, I remember. I looked up Lazydork on Youtube. All I can saw is wow.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Julene said...

I went to the store just a few minutes ago to get all the pie stuff. I bought cherry pie filling, and then I bought a few cherries to leave strategically planted to make it look like I made the pie filling from scratch. I hope that's the worst thing I do today. If it is, that's great.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home