My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, January 12, 2007

I've moved on

My family gathered at my sister's house in Colorado for Christmas. It was great to see everyone. But talk about snow. but even with the snow it wasn't too cold there.

I hadn't seen the fam since summer. My parents currently live in Germany, so I hadn't seen them or my brother in a while. My brothers are still putzes. Mom is still funny. Daddy is still awesome. Both agreed that it was a good idea for me to transfer. I was a little worried that their approval from afar might not have been all that sincere. Mom told me she never liked ex. Funny, mom, you never mentioned that while we were dating FOR THREE YEARS! EVEN WHEN HE STAYED WITH US FOR ALMOST A WEEK. Uhm, yeah. but I'm not moving because of ex. (If I keep telling myself that, I'll believe it, right?)

For Christmas my dad gave my mom a set of cookware. That would probably be funnier if you knew my mom. Anyway, she opened it, laughed and gave it to me immediately. It was intended for me, and I do need it.

Daddy took me out on one of our old dates. We would, at least once a month, do something together, just the two of us. Usually a movie or something. This time we went to dinner. He told me that he used to hate letting me pick, because I would always pick Wendy's. I always thought he liked Wendy's. Ooops. We had a great time. This always made me feel special. It is good to feel that way. Lots more could be said, but I don't have time right now.

My Dad drove me to Kansas to finish ye old apartment hunt. I've finally found a place. My friend who lives there tells me my roommate is OK. Her roommate dropped out in the middle of first semester and quit paying rent, so she needs a roomie. I need a place to live, so it should work out. It is a really old, really small, really dumpy little house that is not, by the way, really cheap. My Dad and I moved my stuff down in his car and my ultra-cool minivan, then dad drove back to Colorado.

Orientation is Wednesday and classes start on Friday. First day of classes is just showing up an getting a syllabus, I think. It is cold here, and I know virtually no one. I've been running every day, and there are a lot of hills. i haven't found a good route, yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home