My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Weekend Away

I spent this past weekend in Lawrence, Kansas. It was a blast. One of my friends transferred to KU this year, and she invited me down for the weekend. It was the KS-KSU football weekend.

Before the game we unexpectedly went to a tailgate party. As we walked to the stadium an old guy (70?) said hello to us. We said hello back, and he said "I would be honored to have three beautiful girls join us for lunch." If he had been 30 it would have been creepy, but it was awfully sweet coming from him. And they had like ten times as much food as they needed. It was pretty cool. As we were stuffing our faces he joked for us not to tell his wife, who was sitting right next to him. She joked that it was OK with her and that he could have any of us that he could catch. Again, if she had been 30 it would have been creepy.

Then we went into the stadium. Since we were late we had to STAND in the very top, but that was OK. Let me note that I am not what you would call a big football fan. I am a big fan of getting together with friends and screaming for four straight hours in the cold while staring straight into the sun. The game was awesome. KU won the game and some students ran on the field and tackled the goalposts after the game.

Afterwards we went home to warm up, then went out in Lawrence. I haven't been asked out much since my relationship tanked. But Saturday night everyone was in a good mood and I got asked to dance the whole night. If Saturday was any indication, things might be better in a little bigger sea. I go to a pretty small school, so pretty much everyone knows who is dating whom or who has dated whom. That can't be the case at a big state school. One dude sent me a message which I got when I logged on yesterday.

On Sunday night we went to the KU Basketball game. I borrowed a student ID and got in. It was louder than the football game and much warmer. I like basketball more than football. KU had lost the week before, but they won easily. I have never had so much fun during a basketball game. I got a free T-Shirt. The students stand for the entire game. It was a great atmosphere. It would be fun to go to a lot of games.

I am considering transferring. I like my school, but I wonder if a change in scenery would do me good.

I haven't seen TobyKeith in two weeks, but we've talked on the phone a few times. On Wednesday afternoon I am flying to Denver to see my sister for Thanksgiving. TobyKeith is going to take me to the airport, which was really nice of him. It is completely out of his way, but he said he didn't mind, and wanted to take me out once before Thanksgiving. He's going to pick me up early, so we'll have several hours to spend before my flight leaves. I've got a little to tell about him, but I don't have time right now. I have to be nice to him, though, because I need a ride back on Sunday. LOL.

Oh, and the guy in Marketing apparently really wants to study.

2 Comments:

Blogger EJL said...

oh Junebug..atleast you got to watch the games with out getting hurt. Our school was such a big basketball school. University of Maryland. I remember when they beat Duke for the 1st time. I got pepper sprayed outside by the cops...I was just standing there, in the middle of the riot, trying to get my car to go home...

2:58 PM  
Blogger Julene said...

Pepper sprayed? Yikes. There wasn't anything like that here, but then beating Towson probably isn't the same as beating Duke. It was just a fun atmosphere.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home