My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

Myspace isn't very anonymous, is it?

I have a confession to make. I have another blog. Rather I had another one. It was one of those crappy Myspace ones, and I am sick of Myspace. Hopefully you are living in a dungeon guarded by demented trolls who torment you and have never visited myspace. For the rest of you, my condolences for the pain you no doubt endured when surfing myspace.

I have two bones to pick with Myspace. First, their templates suck so bad and make the entire thing unreadable, and second, not quite unreadable enough, as my mother manages to read it every spare moment she gets. I will spare you the details, but my posts there include how I hate Paris Hilton, about a necklace my friend made for me, a Hoobastank song I like, about two of my roommates getting tramp stamps, and about how Dipshit and I "decided to see other people."

I have no effing clue why I wrote that, because "we" didn't decide jack. He decided that he was going to screw Colette (not her real name, her real name is Colleen). He didn't discuss it with me ahead of time, so I wasn't part of the decision. (Not that I would have objected. The mere fact that he would have wanted to screw her would have been enough to make me decide to see other people.) My point is, WE did not decide it; he decided it for the both of us. It was just easier than admitting to the world that he'd rather do her than wait for me.

Anyway, Dipshit apparently (post-Colette) told his mother about the myspace blog. She then read the entire blog herself. For some reason she focused on the part where I referred to his family as "one broken washer on the front porch shy of completing their white trash certification." Apparently they took offense at that, no doubt because they already had the certification. Why they didn't judge the blog on its literary content as a whole I'll never know. I mean the tramp stamp post alone was worth the price of admission.

So I now have an email from her telling me that she is disappointed in me, because I had seemed so nice and that she hopes Dipshit will find a quote classier girl in the future. I can only guess and obsess about what details Dipshit might have thrown in. I can guess which details he left out.

Needles to say (yes, NEEDLES), I took down the myspace blog. A little late, don't 'ya think?

12 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hey...he was obviously sooo not worthy of you and the mom sounds like a nosy biaattch anyway.

You'll find someone that will someday make him seem sooo insignificant.

ps. saw your comment at my place..left you one in retun.

one question...how did you find me?

10:57 PM  
Blogger Southern (in)Sanity said...

Well, it definitely sounds like you're better off. The guy sounds like a complete loser.

As far as MySpace, I will confess to having an account there. Their pages are quite bland (and some of the templates folks come up with are hideous), but I don't post there nearly as regularly as I do on my blogger.com blog.

Thanks for visiting, by the way...

11:40 PM  
Blogger Julene said...

Nicole, I found your blog through someone linking to the Cherries Jubilee post about the commentor who lost his virginity at 13 years. I just thought that was sad. (I can't figure out how to link properly, but that post was: http://nicsopinions.blogspot.com/2006/09/cherries-jubilee.html

You might recall, I am the 21 year old virgin. I also happen to have lost a boyfriend of two years, at least partially over sex. I think I have a little different (and many would say naive, I'm sure) view of sex. Right now that's hitting a little close to home.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Southern (in)Sanity said...

julene, you have to do what's right for you. Don't worry about what anybody else thinks.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I just went back to that thread and nobody said anything rude about you at all. I had left you a comment saying that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin at age 21.

As for Omar...well I take things he says with a grain of salt. He rubs alot of people the wrong way, and likes being a shit disturber.
He is also turning 43 shortly. If he did lose it at 13 I think that is quite sad, but I make it a habit not to judge others. Today I actually made a thread about First Love, or any love, since we talked about Firsts yesterday.

As for someone linking my thread...I actually think THAT is quite amusing, but that is another story.

Like I stated, I feel bad for you, as what your ex did was really crappy, but at least you know now, rather then later and had even more invested.
Good luck to you and I hope you can move on and find peace in all of this

2:41 PM  
Blogger Julene said...

Nicole, I probably didn't express myself very well. I posted a very short message on your blog, and you were the only one who commented. I don't think anyone was rude to me. If they were, they were subtle enough that I didn't notice.

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a virgin at 21. And when I start a dating relationship I make it pretty clear at the beginning what my expectations for him are, and what he can expect of me. It is an explicit social contract.

IMHO, 13 year olds are not mature enough to enter into sexual relationships.

What is hitting close to home was not you or your comment. What is hitting close to home is the realization that not many men in my circle respect/agree with my view of sex, but that's a subject for my next blog entry. Perhaps tomorrow.

Thanks again, Nicole, for stopping by, and I hope to see you around more.


And RWA, as a person who openly admits to having a Myspace account, I don't know if I can be friends with you. ;)

While we are wandering her, I am satisfied by my current virginal status. That doesn't make me any better (or worse) than anyone else. It is, however, a part of who I am.

5:59 PM  
Blogger carrotpenis said...

That is fantastic. I love it when you do something stupid and it turns out to be all good after all.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Julene said...

Is it true that carrots are good for the eyes? (I've bet you've heard that one a thousand times.)

Anyway, Dipshit sure thought my comments about his family were funny at the time. And accurate.

Check it out. They have a room in their house where you have to physically plug-in an extension cord to turn on the lights! And it has been that way for 15 years.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"one broken washer on the front porch shy of completing their white trash certification."

lmao! i loved that!

11:52 AM  
Blogger FTN said...

So his mother wants him to find someone "classier"? And she knows that her son cheated on you? That's nice.

I am quite proud that I've never had a myspace account. I'm part of a club that now consists of me and some homeless guy in the Netherlands.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Julene said...

I'm pretty sure he didn't tell her about the cheating on me part.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Julene said...

Also, I lied about taking the blog down. I just quit putting anything personal on there. I have, for anyone who wants to search, commented on the North Dakota quarter looking a lot like the Kansas one. It is that sort of hard-hitting incisive opinionating that makes blogging so relevant.

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home